Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tacos....a real kid pleaser -- and super easy meal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix (any brand packet)
- 1 cup salsa (choose your heat!)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef; drain. Stir salsa and cream cheese and mix well on medium heat.
- Add 3 teaspoons of taco seasoning - the kind you buy in the packets at the grocery store. Simmer on low until mixture has thickened a bit.
- Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, green onions and sour cream.
Loved this recipe! Such a simple way to do something different for tacos. The only substitution I made was to use a can of Ro-Tel instead of salsa because that's usually what I throw in with the meat when I make tacos. This filling was so addictive! I used it to make taco salads the first night and wrapped it up in a tortilla for lunch the next day. So good both times! Definitely a keeper :)
My husband said, "These tacos are good!" "What did you do different?" For me they were ok. I only had about 1/4 cup salsa and I added more taco seasoning and a little garlic salt.
This was great! My husband and I both loved it.