Ww Chili Beef Tacos
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 8 ounces canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 taco shells
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toast chili powder and cumin in a medium skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add oil to skillet and heat; add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and beans; cook 5 minutes more or until heated through.
- (Note: to turn up the heat, toss in some chopped chipotle peppers with the tomato sauce.).
- To assemble fill each taco shell with 1/4 cup of beef mixture; top each with 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream and 1/2 tsp of cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a wonderful tasting taco. I like the fact that you get to eat two. I simmered it for about 15 - 20 minutes to thicken it up. With the amount of tomato sauce listed it was more like a soup. Otherwise I would have given this 5 stars. I added in about 1 tbs of diced fresh jalapeno peppers for some heat. I also top them with shredded lettuce and some chopped tomato. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. Made for "My 3 Chefs" tag game. :)Reply