Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter, oil, eggs, milk and bananas.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 well greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
- Lucy Waverman’s Fast & Fresh Cookbook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was sad when I read all the bad reviews on these but I'm glad I decided to be my own critic. In my opinion, they're not as flavorful as most muffins because they are better for you than most muffins. I tried one as soon as it came, and I think they're delicious. Mine came out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
I made these muffins. They've just came out of the oven. The kitchen smells like we are in muffin heaven. I didn't read the comments before and to be honest I am shocked how many people gave such a bad review. Btw. I never give a review and keep my opinion for myself, but I have to speak up. More sugar? Nope! Ripe bananas? Yes!!! My family - even my mother-in- law likes them as they turned out fantastic!!! I put chocolate chips because my 4 year old son wanted them with the banana, but it didn't make the muffins for sweeter... So people. Cut back on sugar!!! Greetings from Germany!
Made them and they are good, I'll admit my first bite I was like yeah, some people say bland I say subtle, used smaller muffin pan thatmakes 12, cooked for 20 minutes and the top was light but they cooked through well;sides were nicely browned, and the moisture made them! Me and my sons loved them my daughter though is one of those sweet tooth people, I may add a extra banana for her, she took one bite and was like no