Cherry Banana Muffins
These are my own creation, full of flavor and healthier without the butter! As soon as you bite in you get a burst of cherry and banana and they are pretty moist, though firm. I hope you enjoy them! I made half with the coconut on top and half with the pecans and couldn't decide which was better. To get the mandarin orange juice I pureed a can of mandarin oranges (drained of syrup) and just drained them in a sieve. (my son gets the oranges for lunch)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- coconut or pecans, for topping
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in small bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas into dry ingredients, then add the wet and combine. (do not overmix).
- Stir in cherries.
- Divide batter into lined muffin cups and sprinkle either coconut or pecans on top and lightly press into batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes.