Butterscotch Banana Muffins
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Combine dry ingredients, including oatmeal and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, egg, milk, oil and flavoring and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Add the butterscotch chips.
- Spoon batter into a well greased or lined muffin tin filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
These muffins are delicious! I love the butterscotch-banana combo! The muffins were extremely soft and cake like, and I even used 1/8 cup oil, 1/8 cup plain yogurt. I actually didn't have banana flavouring but used 3/4 tsp butterscotch extract instead. Yum! These smell heavenly when baking and are just as delicious warm from the oven. Thanks!!!