Peanut Butter-Banana Breakfast Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, mixing lightly.
- Divide evenly among the 10 prepared muffin cups, pouring water into the 2 unused cups.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in the pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>"
Join The Conversation
Quick and easy to make! This recipe is really interesting. It's not a banana muffin, but it's not overwhelmingly peanut butter flavoured either. It tastes like a good peanut butter & banana sandwich. I used chunky peanut butter, which gave some extra texture to the muffins - a great addition, I think. I'd love to pair these muffins with strawberry jam, just to finish off the PB&J flavour combination. Side note: I got 14 muffins, but the 3 bananas I used were quite large.
Hmm.. not my favourite, but to be fair, I substituted half of the flour for wholemeal. Just a little dry and flavourless compared to recipes I have made before, but not bad (hey, I'll eat them anyway!). I think mine turned out as a 3 out of 5, but I rated them 4 to give the recipe the benefit of the doubt about the flour substitution.