1/2 Photos of Creamy Beef and Pasta Casserole With Spinach
I created this casserole while trying to use up some ingredients I had. It came out sooooo good. Sometimes I had some green pepper and/or mushrooms. It's a regular favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 16 ounces large shell pasta or 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain.
- 2While beef is browning, prepare pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- 3Return empty pasta pot to stove and over med-low heat, stir together tomato sauce and cream cheese until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Reduce heat to low. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese; stir well. Add thyme, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- 5Add drained pasta, drained browned beef mixture and drained spinach to pot. Gently stir to combine and coat well.
- 6Pour into a 13 x 9" baking dish or similar size casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Beef and Pasta Casserole With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.1
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1268.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 43.6 g