This is a very tasty cake. It is so moist. It is a family tradition at my house.
Make and share this Creamsicle Cake - Jello Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) containerthawed Cool Whip
- Bake cake as directed in 9x13 inch pan.
- When done, use fork to punch holes around the entire top of cake.
- Let cool.
- In bowl, mix 1 box gelatin, 1 cup hot water, and 1 cup cold water. Allow the gelatin to thicken.
- Pour over the top of cake and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Mix remaining box of gelatin, pudding, milk and vanilla together.
- Beat well.
- Fold dessert topping into mixture and spread on top of cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
- If you cannot find orange cake mix, use a box lemon and add 1 small envelope of orange drink mix (kool aid) to the batter.
This cake is light and incredible! I brought it to work and my co workers scarfed it up! I also tried it with lemon cake mix and lime jello...only unfortunately I wasn't as focused as I should of been, so the jello started to set! YIKES...I was horrified, but I whipped it and used it anyway...and we had a glorious cake striped with congealed lime jello. So DON"T panic if it happens to you...it can work out!
This cake is good. Made it last night for dessert and had a slice but It really didn't do anything for me until this morning. I was making my lunch and decided to bring a slice with me. After cutting into it there was a little left on the knife. You would have thought I was tasting it for the first time. I wanted to dig right in right then and there! Maybe I just wasn't in the mood after smelling it cook and mixing everything together but this morning was a whole different story. Great cake and easy to make! Thanks for posting!
MMMMM...GOOD!! This cake is delicious and very light. I highly recommend it. I think I will make it with strawberry jell-o and strawberry cake mix and garnish with strawberry halves.