This is the moistest cake you will ever eat. I love it with strawberry jello and garnished with fresh strawberries. The Cool Whip makes such a pretty pure white and creamy frosting. It was my mom's favorite birthday cake. Prep time is also chill time
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 40mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix) or 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) box any flavor Jello gelatin
- Cool Whip (for frosting)
- fruit (to match the jello flavor) (optional)
- Prepare cake according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool completely in pans.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake through to the bottom.
- Prepare jello according to package instructions except do not allow it to set yet.
- Pour jello slowly over the entire surface of the cooled cakes (cake will look soggy, but thats ok).
- Chill cakes until jello sets completely (several hours or over night).
- To remove cakes from pans, set the pan in a dish of hot water for 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Frost with the Cool Whip.
- Garnish with fruit pieces.
- Keep any uneaten cake covered and chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This takes too long. I made this by cooling the cake inside the refrigerator. It was cooled completely after only two hours. Keep the cake COLD. Have the jello ready to pour through the holes. The cold cake with the room temperature jello mixture will have the jello set perfectly. Also, forget the coolwhip..Instead, either sprinkle with just powdered sugar, OR make a nice pourable glaze. Using coolwhip is not good because by the next day, the coolwhip is beginning to separate and it looks very unappetizing. IF you must use coolwhip, then do not put it on the cake at all. When cutting and serving, let each person decide if they want the coolwhip or not. Then just put a dollop on each individual piece of cake for those that WANT it. That way, your coolwhip will be consumed while still fresh as that's the way it SHOULD be done.Replies 1