Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Here is a great recipe to use up any leftover chicken or turkey. It is great served over egg noodles or rice, I have even topped this on a puff pastry shell, when I have had company over for dinner, and added some cooked mushrooms and peas to the creamed mixture, very easy to prepare and tastes so good, this will be a recipe that you will make time and again.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Just delicious. Reminded me of something my mom used to make: comforting, classic and yummy. I didn't use the Parmesan cheese in this, and I added a little Tabasco to the sauce along with the cream. Thanks for another winner, Kittencal!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- stir in flour until blended.
- gradually whisk in broth; bring just to a boil; boil lightly for 1 minute.
- reduce heat stir in half and half, cheeses, pimientos, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted add cubed chicken or turkey, mix until heated through.