Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from the Cream of Wheat website. Use 1-minute, 2 1/2 minute or 10 minute cream of wheat. Serve with fat-free mayo, tartar sauce or relish.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream of wheat (uncooked)
- 12 ounces canned salmon, boneless, flaked
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring milk just to boil in medium saucepan. Gradually add cereal, stirring constantly. return just to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add salmon, 1 of the egg yolks, both egg whites, onion, parsley, salt, dill, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Shape into loaf in greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Or prepare 6 salmon cakes and bake for for 20 minutes.
I have been looking for this recipe for years. i would make this as a young bride in my early twenties and my Prince Charming loved it. I lost the recipe and haven''t made it since sometime in the early seventies. . THANK YOU.