1-2-3 Chicken Vegetable Rice
A recipe from Minute Rice.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (any blend)
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups minute rice instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Whisk the Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce until smooth; whisk in the chicken stock. Combine the vegetables, chicken and stock mixture in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through.
- Stir in the rice and return mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the green onion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is surprising....not just chicken and rice. With the dijon and hot sauce, you get some heat. But with the honey, you get sweetness. It is quick and easy to make if you have already cooked chicken, which I would recommend that you increase a bit. A very different chicken and rice dish, that is very easy to make. I enjoyed it, but not sure that I'd make it again. But do try it, the flavors may just be perfect for you! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag game.Reply
see 1 more