1/3 Photos of Cream of Salmon Soup
Pot Scrubber's Note:
This dish is called Lohikeitto in Finland. Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water, potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and bay leaf to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
- 2Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes
- 3Stir in salmon. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes longer.
- 4Remove bay leaf.
- 5Stir 1/2 cup of the soup liquid into whipping cream. Gently stir cream mixture into the soup; heat through. Sprinkle with dill weed.
- 6Note: Maybe using 15 oz canned salmon, deboned and skinned, could be a substitute if fresh salmon is unavailable to you or cost prohibitive.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Salmon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.3
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 514.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g