This dish is called Lohikeitto in Finland. Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005
Make and share this Cream of Salmon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat water, potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and bay leaf to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes
- Stir in salmon. Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the soup liquid into whipping cream. Gently stir cream mixture into the soup; heat through. Sprinkle with dill weed.
- Note: Maybe using 15 oz canned salmon, deboned and skinned, could be a substitute if fresh salmon is unavailable to you or cost prohibitive.