Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious recipe adapted from "Better Homes & Gardens / Great Cooking For Two" This version can feed 4.
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 6 medium fresh ears of corn or 3 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, if needed or desired,see recipe (OPTIONAL)
- In saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan.
- Drain bacon and set aside.
- If using fresh corn, cut the corn from cobs, with a sharp knife, at 2/3 depth of the kernels-- do NOT scrape cob.
- Add the fresh or frozen corn, water, onion and pepper to the saucepan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until corn is crisp-tender.
- Add the cream cheese to the undrained corn mixture.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- If necessary, stir in the milk to make corn mixture of desired consistency.
- Stir in reserved bacon and serve.
Great corn. I've had variations of this before but never with the bacon. What's not to love with that. lol. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.