Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from one of my clients, when I dropped over on a chilly Winter morning, and I smelled it throughout her lovely home. YUM!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature (I use 1/3 less fat)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough (I use the low-fat kind)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread one can of crescent dough on bottom of pan.
- Mix softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth, and spread on top of crescent dough.
- Spread 2nd can of dough on top of cheese mixture. Be careful not to leave too many gaps in dough.
- Pour melted butter all over crescent dough.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoons of cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of butter. Use all of it--it looks like a lot, but it's just right.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve with coffee, milk or ice cream!
The name alone describes it perfectly! I decided I had to eat it all by myself the first time I made this! Then afterwards felt a little guilty. I'm sure my family and friends would've loved it. So next time I'm gonna share. This is absolutely a keeper! Thanks!
Tasty and easy to make. I doubled the vanilla and halved the sugar in the cream cheese (which is a lil too much reduction, there is no problem with texture but it would be better if it was a lil sweeter. I will try 2/3 cups of sugar next time).
Excellent! I have made this 2 times this week. DH likes to eat this as a Cheese Danish with his coffee in the morning, and at night after dinner with some decaf. My whole family loves it! I put the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in my mixer to get it really smooth. Thanks for posting.