This is my favourite of all sandwiches. It makes a wonderfully fresh and healthy lunch when accompanied by a berry-and-yoghurt smoothie.
- Slice bread horizontally in half.
- Spread cream cheese on one half. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Layer lettuce leaves and tomato, sprinkle with salt.
- Then layer cucumber and carrots, sprinkle with pepper. End with the basil leaves.
- Spread pesto on other half of the bread and lay it on top of the basil leaves to make a sandwich.
Very nice, filling sandwich! I used a mini baguette and spinach for the lettuce, everything else was as written. This was quick to put together too! Thanks!