Pesto Focaccia Sandwich for Six
I haven't tried this yet. This is from Southern Living Magazine, and looks yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf focaccia bread or 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut bread in half horizontally, using a serrated knife.
- Spread pesto evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Layer ham and next 3 ingredients evenly over bottom half. Top with remaining bread half.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Cut into six wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was nummy, easy, and fast! After reading the comments, I put mine in for 15 minutes, not 10, and it could probably use another 5 or 10. The sandwich was heated through, and the bread was crispy, but the cheese wasn't melted. But, I didn't have to wait for it to cool before serving to my kids, either. :) Great recipe, gobbled up by everyone, reminded me of sandwiches I got in fancy downtown delis when I worked there. Thanks for posting!