Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
From Cooking Light. You can prepare the chicken salad the night before. You can also substitute baguettes for focaccia if you would like.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie- cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced celery
- walnuts, to your taste
- 1 (1 lb) focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally, toasted, and cut into 20 slices
- 1 (12 ounce) bottled roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
- 10 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in chicken, celery and walnuts.
- Spread 1/2°C of salad onto each of 10 bread slices. Top each serving with about 2 tablespoons bell pepper, 1 lettuce leaf, and one bread slice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation