Better Than Arby's Chicken Salad Sandwiches
While watching an advertisement for Arby's chicken salad sandwiches, my husband asked if I could make it - I did, and it tastes great! The nuts and fruit give it a zippy flavor, plus it's easy to whip up. It makes a wonderful summer sandwich. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, drained
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced and chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup sliced celery (to personal taste)
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 2 -4 leaves lettuce
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 -6 slices bread, for sandwiches
- Combine first seven ingredients in medium size bowl, stirring until moist.
- Serve on bread or toast with sliced cucumber and lettuce. Spread additional dressing or mayonnaise on bread as desired.