Chicken Pesto & Feta Cheese Sandwich
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- Marinate mushrooms in balsamic vinegar for at least 24 hrs under refrigeration, stirring occasionally. Discard any excess marinade when ready to assumble sandwiches.
- Slice peppers into 1/4-in wide strips.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4-in thick slices.
- Trim any fat or rib meat from the chicken breasts & grill till done.
- To assemble sandwich: Slice 1 roll in half lengthwise. Spread 1 oz of pesto on the bottom of the roll, then crumble 1 oz of feta on top of pesto, covering the entire surface.
- Place a chicken breast on top of the feta, then 1/2 oz of mushrooms on the chicken, 1 oz of roasted red pepper strips on top of the mushrooms & finish w/3 tomato slices & the top of the roll.
- Insert 2 toothpicks, slice on the diagonal & serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great hearty and flavor-packed sandwich! I didn't have the mushrooms I thought were on hand the evening before I planned to have this, so just used jarred sliced mushrooms and marinated them in the balsamic for about 6 hours. The pesto was a great addition, perfect with the other flavors. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers