Mother Nature's Healthy Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 2 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 4 slices avocados
- 1 slice tomatoes, to cover sandwich
- 3 slices cucumbers (thin slices)
- zucchini, cut into match-stick julienne
- alfalfa sprout
- sunflower seeds
- 2 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Spread cream cheese on bread.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Sprinkle over some sunflower seeds.
- Layer vegetables and cheese to suit your taste. Vary amounts as you like since this is a general guideline of the ingredients used in this sandwich.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is really a delicious and nutritious sandwich, in spite of what Chef whatever claims. First of all, avacado is a very healthy fat. I did leave out the colby, but thought the cream cheese was really good with this combination. I always use the Neufchatel cream cheese as it is about 1/3 the calories of the regular and tastes just as good. Thanks for a great recipe!
with all he saturated fat in this sandwich from the cheeses and the avocado which is also high in calories, I would not call this a healthy sandwich, quite the opposite in fact. If you used cottage cheese and some beetroot or radish and spring onion instead of all the high calorie ingredients, then you could call it healthy.