Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of Oprah.com, with modifications. Who has access to "evaporated raw cane sugar," anyway? I'm not too too sure on how many cookies it makes, but it's a lot.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and applesauce.
- Beat with an electric mixture until creamy.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Mix inches.
- Add the oats, cranberries, chocolate chips, and orange zest and mix everything together.
- Drop dough by the teaspoon onto the baking sheets and bake 7- 10 minutes until golden brown.