Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Brooke the Cook in
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (make sure they are real ones, made from cocoa butter)
- Combine cranberries and liqueur and soak for several hours or overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Mix flour, almond meal, and baking soda separately, and then beat into main mixture.
- Stir oats, white choc. chips, and cranberries with soaking liquid into mixture.
- Drop approximately a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 8 - 9 minutes. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let cool for a minute on cookie sheet before carefully removing to paper towels to finish cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good. I didn't feel like waiting on the cranberries to soak so i cooked them in the microwave with the triple sec for 45 seconds and cooked as usual and I think it was fine. I had to bake mine a minute or two more. New Review: My DH says this is his favorite cookie, he gets everyone to try 1 cookie, that's it, just 1. The soaking in triple sec is very important.
Orange and cranberries together are always great and this was no exception! Lots of little treats in every bite too! I used my standard cookie scoop and got 25 cookies - I had to bake them for 10-12 minutes and they were just right for us. The don't spread very much, so I had to flatten them with the back of a spoon before putting in the oven. Made for Vegetarian Swap.