Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of our favorites...easy to throw together for company. I've been making it for years, really can't remember how it originated. I promised this year...I wouldn't wait for the Christmas Holidays before I made it again.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 439.41 g can whole berry cranberry sauce (*)
- 78.07 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- assorted cracker
- *Duringthe Holiday times,left over fresh cranberry sauce is great!
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread onto a serving dish or plate.
- In a bowl, stir cranberry sauce until it reaches a spreading consistency; spread over cream cheese mixture (leaving about 1 inch around sides of cheese showing-- makes it pretty) Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
Great spread! I used homemade cranberry sauce. The flavors in the cream cheese base were very nice. Thanks for sharing!
Everyone at Thanksgiving dinner enjoyed this. This recipe is a keeper. I made one slight change as to presentation: After mixing, I shaped the cheese into a ball, covered the mixing bowl, & placed it into the freezer just til hardened slightly. Then placed the ball into a piece of saran wrap shaping the ball into a slightly flattened round & refrig. Just before serving place some almonds on plate, then place cheese round on top of almonds, using the balance of the almonds cover entire cheese round. Then spoon on cranberries. Beautiful and delicious!
Everyone enjoyed this appetizer. DH thought it was a little bit too sweet so next time I will reduce the amount of honey. I will definitely make this again!