Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Another recipe that sounds good for the holidays.
Make and share this Cranberry Cornbread Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup ocean spray craisins original dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl and stir until mixed.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Add milk and stir with fork just until a sticky dough forms.
- Gently stir sweetened dried cranberries into dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently about 10 times.
- Pat dough into a ½-inch thick circle.
- Cut out dough circles with 2 ½-inch biscuit cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These scones are great! They are flaky and crunchy with a delecate fruity flavour. I loved the addition of cornmeal as it gave the scones a really nice texture. Very filling and great for breakkie.
I made half the recipe ending up with 6 chunky round scones and 1 tiny scone.
Ill definitely make these again. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Charlotte!
Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag Game August 2010.
This was delicious. I made it per the ingredients list and it was very light and flaky. I was lazy and just pressed it out into a big circle and cut wedges in it almost all of the way through so it would be easy to pull apart when finished. I will definitely make this again.
I made these for ZWT III. More like a biscuit and quite TASTY! I did make one important change to the ingredient list. When researching scone recipes, I noticed most recipes use an EGG, so rather than use 2/3 cup milk as stated in this recipe, I used 1 beaten egg and enough milk to equal 2/3 cup. My scones were moist and tender. The next time, I will also add a full CUP of Craisins, because you want at least one piece in every single bite!