Stuffed Pepper Stoup - Rachael Ray
A Rachael Ray recipe that sounds good!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (eyeball it)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 12 -15 basil leaves, shredded
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to pass at table
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat with EVOO. When oil is hot, add beef and season with salt, black pepper and allspice. Brown the meat, about 5 minutes, then add garlic, onions, peppers and bay leaf, and cook 7-8 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Stir in stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook to al dente, 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and fold in the basil.
- Serve in shallow bowls with grated cheese on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this the other day. Was easy and quick to make. It was also delicious. I followed the recipe exactly. Will definitely be making this again. Also saw a nutritionist today. Showed her what I have eaten in the last week and she actually asked for a copy of the recipe I had with me :) The hub loved it too and that's always a plus!Replies 1
Made this once with the orzo and had the same issues as Marmaduke. Second time, I used potatoes instead and it turned out great! I cut the potatoes to bite size and par boiled them separately, adding them to the soup at the very end to cook a few minutes to mix in the favors. Not classic stuffed peppers, but fantastic.Reply
see 3 more