Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I love chicken salad, mostly because it's so easy to do. This one is a nice change from the usual with the addition of craisins. The cream cheese makes it super creamy, but I leave it out sometimes and bump up the mayo instead.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple (reserve a few tablespoons of the juice)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- sourdough bread, for serving
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, and seasonings until well-blended. Add chicken and mix.
- Stir in crushed pineapple, cranberries, onion, and celery. Add desired amount of pineapple juice for flavor and consistency.
- Spread on bread of your choice to make a sandwich.
This was really yummy. I didn't use nearly 1 tsp of salt, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. I loved the sweetness from the crushed pineapple. Thanx for a wonderful chicken salad. I look forward to having leftover chicken again!
Jess this is fantastic! I used left over turkey breast that had been seasoned with poultry seasoning and garlic. I love that it is really creamy, and the cream cheese adds another layer of flavor that you don't get with just mayo. I also added 1/2 cup of apple that needed to be eaten, used low-fat cream cheese and low-fat mayo. Just great! Thanks Jess, this recipe is going in my keepers file! :) Made for 1.2.3 Wonders
OK. Love the ingredients, but they need to be tweeked. Too much salt, celery, cream cheese for our liking. Added more curry, cranberries and pineapple. Good combo though. Thanks Jess.