Recipe by LilPinkieJ
I love chicken salad, mostly because it's so easy to do. This one is a nice change from the usual with the addition of craisins. The cream cheese makes it super creamy, but I leave it out sometimes and bump up the mayo instead.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This was really yummy. I didn't use nearly 1 tsp of salt, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. I loved the sweetness from the crushed pineapple. Thanx for a wonderful chicken salad. I look forward to having leftover chicken again!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple (reserve a few tablespoons of the juice)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- sourdough bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, and seasonings until well-blended. Add chicken and mix.
- Stir in crushed pineapple, cranberries, onion, and celery. Add desired amount of pineapple juice for flavor and consistency.
- Spread on bread of your choice to make a sandwich.