Cashew Craisin Salad
A delicious salad that goes with any type of celebration. I received this recipe from my mom, and its a favorite at our family gatherings. The addition of the Craisins adds a nice sweetness to this salad. It makes plenty, so if serving for a small family, you may want to half the recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs of romaine mixed greens
- 8 ounces cashews
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (or more to taste)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Mix vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds together in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well, until mixed.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- To Assemble:.
- Combine the romaine mixed greens, cashews, swiss cheese, and craisens together in a large bowl. Mix Well.
- Just before serving, toss salad with the dressing.