Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
this recipe is wonderful and very filling! my family loves it. I hope yours does too :o)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 grated onion
- 4 cups Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- toasted almond
- cook and cube chicken (I boil it).
- crush crackers and pour 1/2 cup of butter and mix, place 1/2 crackers in a 9x13 baking dish and spread.
- mix sauce (soup, onion, mayo, chicken broth) combine chicken and sauce mix and stir.
- place sauce/chicken mix ontop of crackers.
- next place rest of crackers and bake 325 for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown.
I'm giving this 5 stars because I didn't even get to taste it!! I made it up for my daughter and the babysitter, only making half the recipe, and the whole thing disappeared!! I'm sure I'll try it again, perhaps when I can be home to taste it.
This is a super recipe. I have made it several times for my family, and my hubby loves it! I didnt use the almonds, but it is still great without!
This was very good - a great new way to use left-over grilled chicken breasts. I am giving it a 4 instead of a 5 because I think the directions could have been a little clearer. You don't mention when to add the sour cream or the almonds. I added the sour cream to the sauce mixture and it turned out very well. I didn't use almonds, but I assume that you add those on top. All in all, it is a very good tasting weekday meal. Thanks Lisa for sharing.