This is great for a light lunch. Cook time is the time it takes to drain crabmeat.
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked cooked chilled rinsed and picked over fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish (can also use half sweet pickle and half dill pickle)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 -3 avocados
- Place the crabmeat in a paper towel-lined bowl.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper towel.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon pepper, celery, pickle relish and toasted almonds together.
- Gently toss with crabmeat.
- Slice avocado in 2 around the seed.
- Split and remove seed and discard.
- If desired, put a little lemon juice on the avocado before filling. Fill seed hole and tops of avocado with crab mixture sprinkle with a little paprika, and serve immediately on a green bed of lettuce.