Caprese Stuffed Avocado
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, balls
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled seeded and halved
- fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, reduction to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavors.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
- Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's been a long time since I made a Caprese recipe, but I had half an avocado that was crying out for some love. This was the perfect answer, and I made it for one for lunch. I didn't have mozzarella balls, so cut some small chunks and used small heirloom tomatoes. Thanks for posting. A great approach to Caprese.