1/3 Photos of Crab Cakes With Chipotle Peppers
These fresh, crisp & tender crab cake has a nice spicy smokey taste that has a Southern kick to them. Fresh Lump crabmeat, mixed with celery, scallions, peppers and chipotle peppers in adobe sauce fried up and served on a bed of cilantro, lime slices and a nice dollop of my Smokey tartar sauce ( Smokey Tartar Sauce ). These are slightly smokey, tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. You can make these into little patties and serve as an appetizer. You MUST use LUMP crab meat and be careful not to break it up. There's nothing like sweet crab meat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mustard (Or your favorite)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow bell peppers or 1/2 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, diced fine, if you don't like the heat remove the seeds
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour, for dusting
- oil (for frying)
- 1Mix all ingredients except the lump crab meat, flour& oil.
- 2Add the crabmeat gentle not to break it apart.
- 3You want to see nice lumps of crabmeat when you cut into it.
- 4Make four patties they will be delicate don't be afraid to bring them into a pattie.
- 5Dust each with flour place on a dish covered with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- 6In a large pan pour enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- 7Brown on each side till nice crisp and brown.
- 8Just a couple of minutes each side.
- 9Serve with Smokey Tartar Sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Cakes With Chipotle Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 209.4 mg
- Sodium 1191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo