Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A lot of people will swear that the best crabcake around downe, and I'll agree that it's a very good crabcake .
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a skillet cook onion and celery in 4 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until tender and transfer to a bowl. Stir in crab and bread crumbs. In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and stir into crab mixture until combined well.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Form crab mixture into 6 flattened rounds, each about 3 inches wide and 3/4 inches thick, and transfer to baking sheet. Chill crab cakes, covered with plastic wrap, at least 1 hour and up to 4.
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and cook half of crab cakes until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Cook remaining cakes in remaining tablespoon butter in same manner.
Very good. Easy to follow recipe and tasted great.