1 hr 30 mins
Chef #196376's Note:
Modified from Lycos.com, Arielle's Archives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cognac
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large dungeness crab, cooked meat from (1.5-2.5 lbs)
- 1Melt butter in oil in a large pot and saute onions, carrots and celery until onions are translucent.
- 2Add the other ingredients except cognac, cream and salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook about 45 minutes.
- 4Strain into another pot and add cream and cook on low for about 10 minures.
- 5Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 6Add cooked meat from 1 large Dungeness crab and heat.
- 7Add cognac and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.9
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.6 mg
- Sodium 1740.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 17.1 g