Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Presented By: Miss Olivia's Table
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Tabasco sauce or red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 slice green bell pepper (wedge)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cleaned crabmeat
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir constantly until lightly browned.
- Add celery and onion and cook till soft.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer at least one hour, preferably two.
- Remove bell pepper and bay leaf.
- Add crabmeat and cream.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Do not boil.
Super delicious...we added homemade garlic croutons to ours and it was truly scrumptious! Thanks for a great recipe!
Mmmm! Thanks for the new favorite seafood recipe! Even my 3 year old loves it! I made it with seafood muffins (thyme in the muffin batter, top with sour cream, cheddar, and diced shrimp, bake!)
Thanks for such a great tasting bisque.