1/1 Photo of Country French Chicken
Sondra Beth's Note:
Adapted from Rachael Ray - 30 minute meals - A combination of boneless skinless tenderloins or breasts and thighs well lend to a more rustic, "cooked all day" taste. A very comforting meal on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt & pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped or 1/4 cup very finely chopped onion
- 3 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped to about 2 TBS or 4 sprigs about 1 tbs dried tarragon
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (32 ounce) can chunky-style crushed tomatoes or 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree or 1 (32 ounce) whole tomatoes, hand squeezed
- fresh Italian parsley
- 1In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the olive oil. Season the chicken with fresh ground salt & pepper, brown it in the oil for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, and remove to a plate.
- 2Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the pan and saute the shallots, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute for 3 to 5 mnutes until mushrooms darken and carrot bits are fork tender. Add tarragon and parsley and stir. Add wine and reduce liquid for 1 or 2 minutes. Add tomatoes to the sauce and stir to combine. Add chicken back to the pan and simmer chicken in sauce for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through an juices run clear.
- 3Top chicken with fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley when serving.
- 4Serve chicken with Herb and Buter Noodles and.
- 5Sugar Snap Peas.
- 6NOTE: Rachael recommended using a combination of both boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs as it lends to a "cooked all day taste".
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country French Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 175.5 mg
- Sodium 730.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 51.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: