Turkey Croquettes With Mushroom-Rosemary Gravy
photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, cracked from skin
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey, white and dark
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- Place the garlic, onion, celery and red bell pepper in food processor and pulse to fine chop. Add turkey, potatoes, egg, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and parsley leaves then pulse to process and combine the mixture. Remove bowl from base and blade from the bowl. In a medium mixing bowl combine the turkey mixture with 3/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil. When butter melts add the mushrooms and cook until dark and tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and add rosemary to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook a minute. Whisk in the stock, bring to a bubble and thicken, 5 minutes, over medium-low heat.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Use a conical or round ice cream scoop to form 8 croquettes. Combine cheese and remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs on a plate. Coat the croquettes in cheese and bread crumbs and saute in hot oil until deeply golden all over, 5 to 6 minutes for each batch. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve the croquettes with rosemary gravy poured down over them.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We liked these! I would make them again but cutting the poultry seasoning at least in half as that flavor seemed to dominate the croquettes. Also, with the onion gravy, I wished I hadn't added the salt to the mushrooms because even though I used low-sodium broth, the gravy was too salty. I started them in the pan I usually fry meatballs in and quickly realized that the recipe was right in suggesting a nonstick pan, it's an absolute must for this recipe. I transfered them to a different pan and then they cooked up easily. Thanks for posting Kara, this is a great way to use up turkey leftovers. Made for Zaar Tag, please see my rating system (3 really does mean we liked it)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd32/ksegal/Picture076.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <br> <br><a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"> <br><img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20070823/e/Since+Joining+Zaar/dt/-1/k/df85/event.png"></a> <br> <br> <br> <br>I am a Registered Nurse currently working as a Director of Nursing in a nursing home for a large corporation. Since taking on my new position, I haven't had much time to cook, let alone play around on Zaar. <br> <br>Besides being addicted to Zaar,I am also a www.pogo.com addict! If you play on pogo, my screen name is tobearn_ look me up sometime. <br> <br>I am always looking to try new recipes out and so glad I found this site! I don't think I have signed out of it since I joined! :-) LOL <br> <br>I try to prepare hot meals for my picky family that is fast, and yummy. Although I do enjoy making some complex recipes at times. <br> <br>I hope you all enjoy the recipes that I have posted and the ones that I will post in the near future. (You have to try the Chocolate Enchiladas I have posted---- YUMMY). <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <br> <br> <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">