Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
We eat a lot of chicken and it is always nice to find another good way to cook it, this is one of the good ones!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) frying chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 -2 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Coat chicken in flour and salt.
- Saute in butter.
- remove and keep warm.
- Add next 3 ingredients, cook 3 minutes.
- Blend in next 5 ingredients, mix well.
- Add chicken, cover, simmer 30 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds.
Very tasty! My family and I enjoyed it. We are lovers of raisins. The raisins and almonds made this dish special. I added 2 carrots, chopped, and 1 (14 oz.) can of petit diced tomatoes. A very filling entree. Prepared for the January 2008 Photo Swap.
I took me awhile to get around to doing this dish but I finally did and it was terrific. Really easy too. I used legs and thighs, lots of curry powder and toasted coconut as I did not have almonds. Just terrific over basmati rice. Don't think I've had a Derf recipe I haven't liked. Thanks again Dorothy.
My friend Dorothy Parks, great recipe! I didn't add the sour cream or the tomato pure cuz i didn't have any and I substituted spaghetti sauce. It was great!