Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with maple syrup. These are crumbly.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease muffin pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a seperate bowl combine melted butter, egg and milk; mix well.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was so easy and turned out great, thanks for sharing.
I loved these muffins. Moist, crumbly and soooo delicious. I only used 1/4 cup of sugar because I find we are all putting way more sugar in our food than is really necessary. Next time I am going to omit it altogether because I could still taste the sweetness and I would prefer a more savoury muffin. Really quick and easy recipe.
I used brown sugar, added a tsp of vanilla, and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the tops. Served hot with maple syrup. Beautiful recipe!