1 hr 20 mins
From Martha Stewart Living magazine, July 2014 issue. This looks easy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 18 ounces berries (use mix or any one of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- sweetened whipped cream
- 1Preheat oven to 325 deg F Butter a 9x13 baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving paper overhanging the long sides of the pan. Butter the parchment paper. (This is additional butter,not the butter called for in the ingredients list).
- 2Whisk together the flour, cormeal, bakiing powder and salt in a bowl.
- 3Beat the butter and 1 1/2 c sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 4Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed, then add the vanilla.
- 5Add the flour mix 1/3 at a time, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.
- 6Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- 7Sprinkle berries over the top and then sprinkle with the 2 tbl sugar.
- 8Bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 9Remove and cut into pieces. Cake is best served the same day. Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal-Berry Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 229.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: