Lemon Sheet Cake
A really delicious, moist cake with alot of lemon flavor. Quick and easy to prepare.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box duncan hines moist deluxe lemon supreme cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the 4 eggs; beat for at least 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon cake mix, mix until incorporated.
- Add the can of lemon pie filling; mix until blended well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth (do not add milk).
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spread over cake; then refrigerate until frosting hardens up abit.
- Note: This recipe originally calls for (16 oz.) of a canned lemon pie filling, but I used a (22 oz.) can for the recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I took Christy's advice and used the Luscious Lemon Frosting (#54666) instead. What a great combination! The cake was so moist and delicious, and the frosting was just the perfect touch. I, too, added some fresh lemon zest and juice to the cake. If you're a lemon lover, this recipe will not disappoint. I will be making this one again and again.1Reply
this cake had a wonderful flavor, and the icing was delish...the only prob i had with it (and i'm sure it was me as nobody else had this problem) was that i couldn't get the icing to firm up...even after being in the fridge overnight. i'm still giving it 5 stars tho because regardless, the flavor was outstanding!! i too added lemon zest and fresh juice to both the cake and the icing...also couldn't find the lemon pie filling, but i ended up making a small package of lemon instant pudding and adding that to the mix...it was flavorful and moist. i'll definitely make this cake again...except i'll use butter instead of margarine...maybe that was the problem.Reply
Wow! I wish I could give this recipe MORE stars! I made this for a church dinner and it was the ONLY cake that was gone at the end!! I made the cake as directed, but did add a bit of fresh lemon juice and baked for a bit longer, as it didn't seem quite done in the center at 20 minutes. For the frosting, I used **POPPY**'s Luscious Lemon Frosting as written. This was the most wonderful combo!!! It was so dense and moist with an abundance of lemon tang! For lemon lovers, I suggest replacing the vanilla extract with fresh lemon juice or lemon extract. I made this as a sheet cake and it was puuurrrrfect!!!!! Thanks for a terrific recipe!Reply
see 18 more