Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We eat this year round
Make and share this Cornbread Sausage Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 sausages, uncased
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt & pepper
- In microwave or pan, brown sausage, casing removed.
- Remove sausage to plate, add onion and celery, saute until soft.
- Drain, add butter, melt, add veggies, cornbread, sausage, chicken broth, sage toast pecans, add to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake covered 30-45 minutes.
chia, this is really great...I wasn't clear on the stuffing mix and I had a cornbread Stovetop in the cupboard so I just used your recipe to "doctor" it up. cut back on the sausage a little as we had this with pork chops anyway. Loved the addition of the pecans!
Awesome recipe. I doubled the recipe as I was serving it with turkey. I omitted the pecans due to allergies and substituted 1 peeled granny smith apple. I also added 1/2 C dried cranberries.I will be making many more times. Thanks Chia!
Used this for Thanksgiving dinner, was a hit, will definitely make again. I used hot Italian sausage, removed the casings, and crumbled the meat. I also added chopped jalepeno peppers for some more spice.....was delicious!