Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy holiday, or any day, dressing that is flavorful and festive.
Make and share this Cornbread and Squash Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups cooked crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook squash in boiling water to covern in a large skillet 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and saute 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients. Gently stir in cornbread and squash. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13X9" baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.