1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy holiday, or any day, dressing that is flavorful and festive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups cooked crumbled cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook squash in boiling water to covern in a large skillet 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- 3Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and saute 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients. Gently stir in cornbread and squash. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13X9" baking dish.
- 4Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread and Squash Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 470.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: