Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy holiday, or any day, dressing that is flavorful and festive.
Make and share this Cornbread and Squash Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups cooked crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook squash in boiling water to covern in a large skillet 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and saute 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients. Gently stir in cornbread and squash. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13X9" baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.