Summer Squash Dressing
photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups cornbread, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash, 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, put cornbread, onion, and summer squash.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, pour over dressing, give it a gentle stir.
- Put into greased 9 by 13 inch pan, bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Or freeze, defrost, and bake later--freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a delicious way to cook yellow squash, which we love. This dish could be made with a number of veggies. I think next time, I will add more liquid as it was a tad bit dry. But, it may have been the proportions I used as well. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for Culinary Quest, U. S. Southern Region, August, 2014.