Recipe by Ouisey
Fritters are a pleasing side dish. The sugar can be adjusted if you like things a bit sweeter. The recipe calls for deep frying them, but I have also done them in a skillet with just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
I served this as a side dish to go with our Mexican theme dinner, and it was a nice change of pace to have instead of the usual rice dishes. It was a lot easier to prepare than I first thought, too. I didn't deep fry but just pan fried them in my skillet, and they turned out wonderful. Thanks, Ouisey. Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine egg& milk.
- Stir in corn& oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt& baking powder; add to egg mixture; stir just until mixed.
- Drop from Tbsp.
- a few at a time into oil heated to 375 degrees.
- Fry until golden& cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain in paper towels.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup.