Recipe by Lene
The marinade contains lime juice, which tenderizes the chicken. after more than a few hours though, the meat fibres canbecome so soft that the chicken literally falls apart, which means that this dish is not suitable for overnight marinating.
Top Review by Chef Nana Jo
This was a very good recipe. I didn't give it 5 stars though because I feel the garlic was a bit overpowering and excessive. My whole family enjoyed it though with that minor comment.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, plus
- extra fresh coriander, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the garlic and corriander then mix in the peppercorns, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and sunflower oil until well blended.
- Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and set aside for 1-2 hours, turning from time to time.
- Preheat a heavy based non-stick and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with a pasta salad, garnished with corriander leaves.