Tequila Lime Chicken
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill to a plate.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am living with the most wonderful boyfriend in the world in his 150 year old farmhouse. I also have a most fabulous 16-year old son! I love to cook - it's a major stress reliever for me and I thoroughly enjoy the reaction of others when they like my dishes! My other passion is sailing - BF and I plan to take off from Oregon toward the South Pacific in a couple years to live on his boat.