Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
An easy layered casserole dish that is a snap to prepare definitely easier than the traditional "chicken cordon bleu"!
- 6 slices white bread (your choice) or 6 slices whole wheat bread (your choice)
- 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli stems
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread slices in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer chicken, cream cheese slices and ham over bread.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Top with broccoli.
- Combine soup and pepper; spoon over broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until bubbly.
This is excellent. Only thing I would maybe try is instead of bread on the bottom. I would try hashbrowns or slice potatoes. That way it could pull some of the salt out. Don't add any extra salt to this. But it was great and easy too!! Thanks
Mark, and excellent dish. I had very good results with this. I made the dish like you said, and it was sooo good. Easy to put together. When I make this again (and I will) I am going to try puting buttered dry breadcrumbs on the bottom to see if it comes out with a 'sauted' taste. I will let you know how that alteration comes out. Thanks for posting this one!
This was easy and very delicious. Thanks Connie for the potato tip. The sauce was great on the potatoes. Next time I make it I am going to try shredded hashbrowns because my sliced potatoes did not get throughly cooked. My cream cheese was soft and I could not cut it so I mixed it with the soup. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It is a keeper!!!