This recipe is great for summer or winter. It is an all in one dinner that takes minutes to prepare. Add your own favorite vegetables or stay with the ones in the recipe. In summer you may wish to put your crock pot outside on the patio while it cooks. In Winter let the aromas fill your house. It is wonderful. Serve with crusty bread to sop up the sauce. Enjoy! If you wish cook this on high for a total of 3 1/2 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 2 pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick, fat removed
- 4 small nugget potatoes, scrubbed or 2 medium potatoes, peeled cut in chunks
- 6 new baby carrots, scrubbed
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 4 pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, membrane & seeds removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in large chunks
- 10 snow peas or 10 sugar snap peas, ends snipped
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Mix together the broth, BBQ sauce & Dijon mustard.
- Pour a little in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chops in the crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients except the snow peas, corn starch and water.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour the chicken broth/BBQ sauce over the crock pot contents.
- Put the lid on, turn to low cook for 6 1/2 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with water add to crock pot, stir it in .
- Add snow peas.
- Continue cooking on high for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve and enjoy.