Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sounds so yummy. Gotta try it. From MSN.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow onions (finely grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black-eyed peas (rinsed, drained)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 large tomatoes (seeded, diced)
- 3⁄4 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (peeled, finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, onion, salt, pepper, and honey in a large bowl; add black-eyed peas, bell pepper, tomato, celery, carrots, and parsley.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
Excellent, healthy, light and tasty. A perfect side dish. We are having it tonight with some grilled chicken. I did use a green pepper in place of the yellow one. Also added some all purpose seasoning (Spike) in place of the fresh parsley. Made for Football Pool 2008. NOTE: My husband recommended next time throwing in some salami and chopped cheese. . .sounds great!
This salad was a great mixture of flavors - love the addition of black-eyed peas. I imagine that it would be perfect for a picnic since there's no mayo. Thanks MsSally!
Yummy! I took this to a church potluck and it was gone in no time! Thanks!